May 23, 2012

Lime Pie


I got inspired to make my Mom's special recipe of Lime Pie!
So, let's do it!


First, I made the dough and beat the eggwhites (I do all by hand like my greatgrandma used to, using a pinch of salt for better results).
Then, I waited for my husband to squeeze the limes (by hand, of course =D ).


I poured 2 to 3 tbspoon of sugar for each eggwhite and mixed it to obtain the meringue.

  
Now you just have to bake the dough until light brown. Wait until cool down and pour the filling (condensed milk with lime juice) and the meringue on the top.
Put it back into the very hot oven (I use the broil) to make the meringue light brown. This step is really quick (takes about 3 minutes) and you need to pay attention not to burn the meringue.

and TAADÁÁ....
Delicious Home Made Lime Pie!!!!






Here's the recipe:

Lime Tart (casadacamila-decor@blogspot.com)

Dough
8 tablespoon of allpurpose flour
3 tablespoon of butter
1 yolk
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of baking powder
optional: 1 tablespoon of sugar


Filling
1 cup of lime juice
1 can of condensed milk (I particularly like the Nestle brand)

No comments:

Post a Comment